In 1947, sister Joanna Shackleford from Montgomery, AL came to Tuscaloosa to visit family. After worship, she implored the elders of the Central congregation to assist in establishing an additional congregation of the lLords church in Tuscaloosa. Soon the church of christ of tuscaloosa opened a meeting house at 32nd Avenue and 18th St. On September 18, 1950, Robert Tyson, Monroe Hall, and Willie Young we officially named trustees of the Church of Christ of Tuscaloosa. In December 1978 , William R. Davis undertook the evangelistic work of the Nineteenth street Church of Christ. And, in April 1979, the church broke ground for the construction of a new facility at 2925-17th Stree.